Expressions of interest are invited from patients, consumers and members of the community interested in promoting partnership and person-centred care through membership of the Melbourne Health Community Advisory Committee. Melbourne Health (MH) incorporates the Royal Melbourne Hospital, NorthWestern Mental Health and the Doherty Institute.
The Community Advisory Committee reports to the Board and has an important advisory role on consumer views in relation to health service governance, service planning and development.
The role of the Committee includes:
- providing direction and leadership in relation to the integration of consumer, carer and community views into all levels of health service operations, planning and policy development
- advocating to the Board on behalf of consumers, carers and the community, including the promotion of greater attention and sensitivity to the needs of the disadvantaged, isolated and marginalised and those who may be less likely to provide feedback or participate in decision making processes
Applications are invited from interested persons with appropriate skills and expertise including:
- active interest in health issues affecting the community
- strong community links and commitment
- good communication skills
People with connections to key groups in our diverse community including those who identify as Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, have a disability or are LGBTI are encouraged to apply.
Registered healthcare providers and those who are currently or have recently been employed or engaged in the provision of health services are not eligible for appointment.
To apply to be a member of the Community Advisory Committee, please complete the expression of interest form by Sunday 7 August, 2016.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.