Policies guide our decisions and how we operate. We implement our policies through procedures and protocols.
Some of the key policies that relate to our community, patients and visitors include:
- Australian Charter of Healthcare Rights
- Complaints about serious misconduct or corruption
- Freedom of Information
- Rights & Responsibilities
- Visiting hours
- Who pays for our services?
We also have a range of policies and procedures to govern our daily operations and support the administrative functions of the Royal Melbourne Hospital. These include:
- Protected Disclosure policy
- Conflict of Interest (incorporating gifts, benefits and hospitality) policy
- Occupational Health and Safety Issue Resolution
- Consumer Feedback Management procedure
- Social Media (previously Social Networking) policy
- Appropriate use of email and internet policy
- Documentation and Records Management policy
Our clinical and non-clinical committees regularly review all our policies and procedures. To request to inspect and / or purchase a hard copy of any of the documents referred to above, please send your request to our Freedom of Information manager.
Charges for providing photocopies, in line with those set out in the Freedom of Information (Access Charges) Regulations 2014 apply.
In the course of running our organisation and carrying out our functions, we create a range of documents, including:
- medical records
- policies and procedures
- briefings and reports
- human resource records
- official correspondence
- meeting records
- financial records
- clinical training, research and education materials
- media releases
Our documents can be organised under the following broad categories:
- clinical operations – treatment records
- non-clinical operations – research and clinical training
- non-clinical support – procurement and supply chain, facilities and utilities support
- business and strategic planning
- financial management
- human resources (People & Culture)
- legal and corporate secretarial
Find out how to make a Freedom of Information (FOI) request to us.
Key publications for the hospital include:
- Annual reports
- Quality accounts
- RMH Foundation news and philanthropy reports
- Aboriginal Employment Plan
- Environmental Sustainability
- COVID Safe Plan
The Annual Report lists information on the operation of our organisation . Other documents can be found throughout this website. Alternatively, you may contact us to request a publication.
The Royal Melbourne Hospital reports annually to the Parliament of Victoria on its operations. Those reports are published in the Parliament of Victoria's Tabled Documents Database.