We know restricted visiting hours have been hard on friends and families and we thank you for your patience and understanding.
Keeping our community safe
Please do not visit if you are unwell, have COVID or are a COVID contact. Exemptions may be made in some circumstances, such as end-of-life care.
Please call the nurse-in-charge before your arrival at the hospital.
- Our visiting hours are between 10am and 8pm (and not during the rest period of 1.30 to 2.30pm).
- A patient may have a maximum of two visitors at any one time.
- Visitors must wear a surgical or N95 mask. Visitors with a mask exemption will be provided with a face shield to wear during their visit.
- In some high-risk areas, such as Emergency, N95 masks must be worn. You may also be required to wear these masks in other areas of the health service, including 7B, 5 West Day Medical and 6 South West Nephrology.
- Masks must be worn at all times and at all locations across the health service. Food and drink must not be consumed by visitors at the bedside (to avoid the need for mask removal).
- We are aware these restrictions can be challenging. We ask all visitors to treat our staff with kindness as we work to keep our community, staff and patients safe.
- Please note aggressive or violent behaviour will not be tolerated.
Additional restrictions may apply in critical care areas. Please call the nurse-in-charge before arrival.
You can help us by getting your third (booster) dose, fourth dose if you are eligible, continuing to wear a mask and practicing social distancing. We thank you for your continued patience and support.
Video calls to patients
Where possible phone calls and video chat are encouraged between patients and consumers and visitors.
This video explains some of the ways you can keep in touch with your loved ones while they are in our care: