To keep everyone who enters our health service safe, the following visitor restrictions are in place.
Visiting hours are 10am - 1.30pm, 3.30pm - 6.00pm
- 1 person for 2 hours a day or 2 people for one hour each (but not at the same time)
- A face covering (such as a mask) is required
- Social distancing at the bedside is required
Do not visit if:
- You are unwell
- You've been in contact with a person who has COVID-19
- You have been overseas in the last 14 days
We know these restrictions can be challenging and we understand each family's situation different. For exceptional circumstances we encourage families to speak to the Nurse in Charge before arriving for further advice.
Where possible phone calls and video chat are encouraged between patients and consumers and visitors.
This video explains some of the ways you can keep in touch with your loved ones while they are in our care:
Requirement for visitors and carers in all areas
Do not attend if you are unwell
- You will be screened for signs of COVID-19 when entering Royal Melbourne Hospital sites
- All visitors and essential carers will be required to wear surgical masks, which will be provided upon entering
- Maintain 1.5m distance from patients, employees and others
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment must be worn as directed by the nursing team