Do you want to apply for our Graduate Nurse Program?
Applications for the 2017 program open on 30 May 2016 and close 22 July 2016.
Applicants who are successful for interview will be notified by 17 August 2016.
Complete the following steps to apply for our Graduate Nurse Program:
- Register with Computer Match
- Complete the RMH Graduate Nurse Program online registration (opened 30 May 2016)
Preparing your application
Complete the following steps to prepare your application for submission:
- Write a covering letter, describing why you wish to undertake a Graduate Nurse Program at The Royal Melbourne Hospital. Maximum one page. Address your cover letter to the Graduate Nurse Program Coordinator.
- Prepare your Curriculum Vitae (CV). Maximum two pages.
- Prepare copies of:
- Transcript of all academic results received to date. This must be a copy of an official transcript and must include a grading key.
- Two 2nd or 3rd year clinical assessments from acute health care settings (excluding psychiatric and maternal care placements)
Note that we do not require certified copies of these documents for your initial application. However, you may be required to provide certified copies at a later stage in the application process.
Submitting your application
You will have to submit your application online, which will be available from 30 May 2016.
Please check that you have followed each step carefully. If you have any questions about the process please don't hesitate to contact us.
Each application will be assessed on the quality of its cover letter, curriculum vitae, academic results and clinical reports. Once assessed, successful applicants will be invited to attend a face-to-face interview at the hospital.
The interview is an opportunity for us to get to know you better as well as an opportunity for you to learn more about RMH. We believe in personal face-to-face interviews with two RMH staff who will endeavour to make you feel as relaxed as possible.
Interviews will take place between 22 August - 26 August 2016. Successful interstate and New Zealand applicants will be offered the option of a telephone interview.
All prospective graduates, including interstate and New Zealand applicants, wishing to work in Victoria will need to apply to both Computer Match and The Royal Melbourne Hospital. Applicants must be eligible for Computer Match to apply to the Royal Melbourne Hospital Graduate Nurse Program in the first instance. Applicants ineligible for Computer Match will be invited to apply post 17 October for any unmatched positions.