The Addiction Medicine Service is designed to improve the referrer’s ability to look after their patients’ alcohol and/or other drug related problems.
The Addiction Medicine Service provides advice to inpatient's parent unit on the following:
- Identifying patients at high risk of alcohol problems in the wards
- Management of alcohol withdrawal in hospital
- Management of drug withdrawal in hospital, including opioids, psychostimulants, cannabis, benzodiazepines, and other mind-altering drugs
- Advice on managing pain in patients who are opioid tolerant or resistant because of illicit drug use of opioid substitution pharmacotherapy
- Advice on post-discharge management of patients with alcohol and/or other drug use
|Drug & Alcohol Liaison||City Campus||Outpatients, Level 1 Centre||THU|
Unfortunately we do not accept referrals to our Outpatient clinics for this service.