Audiology is available for the assessment and management of patients with difficulty hearing, using specialised equipment to provide assessment and rehabilitation to both inpatients and outpatients.
An audiologist can assist people who have:
- decreased / changed hearing
- undergone a medical event that could damage hearing, such as head trauma, neurological pathology or otoxic drug use
- significantly distressing tinnitus
- communication difficulties associated with hearing loss
|Audiology||City Campus||Audiology Room, Level 1 West||WED|
We accept GP and specialist referrals for this service.
Referrals are triaged depending on priority. Emergency cases can present to the Emergency & Trauma Service at any time.
To refer a patient, complete and send your referral to Outpatients by fax to (03) 9342 4234.
You can use the following form or a template from your own system:
Referrals should include:
- relevant clinical history for the patient
- the reason for referral
- patient details including address, date of birth and contact phone numbers
- your provider number
- the name of the consultant (for Medicare clinics)
Special referral instructions
For all urgent audiology appointments (within 6 weeks), please contact the Audiologist directly.