The Combined Breast Service of The Royal Melbourne Hospital and the Royal Women's Hospital is a joint service that provides a full range of care for all types of breast disease.
Assessment of breast symptoms, diagnosis and management of breast cancer and pre-cancerous diseases is the main focus of our work. We are closely affiliated with the Familial Cancer Centre and the Breast/Ovarian Cancer risk management clinic at The Royal Melbourne Hospital. The Breast Service is actively involved in a number of research programs.
We accept GP and specialist referrals for this service.
Referrals are triaged depending on priority. Emergency cases can present to the Emergency & Trauma Service at any time.
To refer a patient, complete and send your referral to Outpatients by fax to (03) 9342 4234.
You can use the following form or a template from your own system:
Referrals should include:
- relevant clinical history for the patient
- the reason for referral
- patient details including address, date of birth and contact phone numbers
- your details and provider number
- the name of the consultant (for Medicare clinics)
- if your patient requires ongoing management, please identify the referral as being "indefinite"