Our Dermatology service provides treatment of skin diseases through inpatient and outpatient care.
Dermatology is the study of the skin, skin disease and cutaneous manifestations of systemic diseases. Many sub-specialities exist, highlighting this wide area of medicine.
General and multidisciplinary speciality clinics are conducted for:
- cyclosporin therapy, psoriasis and eczema
- general dermatology
- immune and skin disorders
- porphyria, bullous diseases, lupus, morphoea mycosis fugoides and similar
- renal transplant dermatology
- plastic dermatology audit
UV light therapy is available as a privatised service through Medicare.
Inflammatory, infectious and immune disorders of skin, photodermatoses, genodermatoses and skin cancers.
We provide a general and specialised service for a wide range of these skin disorders. Combined clinics with other specialties such as immunology, nephrology, genetics and plastic surgery, ensure a multidisciplinary and holistic approach to patient care.
|Dermatology||City Campus||Outpatients, Level 1 South||THU|
|Dermatology||City Campus||Outpatients, Level 1 South||TUE|
|Dermatology Bone Marrow Transplant||City Campus||Outpatients, Level 1 South||MON|
|Dermatology Skin Surveillance||City Campus||Outpatients, Level 1 South||THU|
|Dermatology Streamline Access||City Campus||Outpatients, Level 9 North||WED|
|Dermatology Surgery||City Campus||Outpatients, Level 1 South East||THU|
|Nephrology Dermatology||City Campus||Outpatients, Level 1 South|
|Telehealth Dermatology||City Campus||Dermatology Room E200, Level 2 East||TUE|
We accept GP and specialist referrals for this service.
Referrals are triaged depending on priority. Emergency cases can present to the Emergency & Trauma Service at any time.
To refer a patient, complete and send your referral to Outpatients by fax to (03) 9342 4234.
You can use the following form or a template from your own system:
Referrals should include:
- relevant clinical history for the patient
- the reason for referral
- patient details including address, date of birth and contact phone numbers
- your details and provider number
- the name of the consultant (for Medicare clinics)
- if your patient requires ongoing management, please identify the referral as being "indefinite"
Special referral instructions
Please include photographs with your referral.
For the following urgent referrals, call the RMH City Campus and ask for the Dermatology Registrar:
- Acute drug eruptions
- Stevens Johnson syndrome / Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis
- Disseminated HSV infection / Eczema herpeticum
- Generalised pustular psoriasis
- Acute bullous eruptions
- Severe cystic acne