High quality, state-of-the-art bone density testing and related measures are provided through the Bone Densitometry Unit.
Bone and Mineral Medicine provides specialist diagnostic services, clinical care, teaching and research in the field of bone health including osteoporosis and other disorders causing bone fragility and/or affecting bone and mineral metabolism.
|Bone and Mineral||City Campus||Outpatients, Level 1 Centre|
We accept GP and specialist referrals for this service.
Referrals are triaged depending on priority. Emergency cases can present to the Emergency & Trauma Service at any time.
To refer a patient, complete and send your referral to Outpatients by fax to (03) 9342 4234.
You can use the following form or a template from your own system:
Referrals should include:
- relevant clinical history for the patient
- the reason for referral
- patient details including address, date of birth and contact phone numbers
- your details and provider number
- the name of the consultant (for Medicare clinics)
- if your patient requires ongoing management, please identify the referral as being "indefinite"