The Bolus Advisor Meter service is available to people with type 1 or 2 diabetes on multiple daily injections.
Sessions run for approximately 1-2 hours and involve:
- A review of carbohydrate counting knowledge and ability+
- Calculation of meter settings
- Machine set up and training
- Discussion regarding blood glucose testing schedule
- Discussion regarding testing the accurateness of your settings
- Discussion regarding follow up, including:
- Assessment of accuracy of settings
- Safe self-adjustment of settings
Accurate carbohydrate counting is a requirement for safe use of all of the features of bolus advisor blood glucose meters. Carbohydrate counting education may be completed at Royal Melbourne by attending a carbohydrate counting group. This group is conducted by the RMH Endocrine dietitian. Individual carbohydrate counting appointments can also be arranged in some circumstances.