Our General Surgery service provides inpatient and outpatient services for elective and emergency general surgical patients.
Four surgical units provide general inpatient and outpatient surgical services, and tertiary referrals for:
- Hepatobiliary and upper gastrointestinal
- Oncology/endocrine including transplant patients
Weekly outpatients clinics are held for General Surgery, and all the above surgical services.
Diagnostic procedures include:
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy
We accept referrals for this service.
Referrals are triaged depending on priority. Emergency cases can present to the Emergency & Trauma Service at any time.
Your patient may need to attend a Pre-Admission Clinic prior to their procedure.
To refer a patient, complete and send your referral to Outpatients by fax to (03) 9342 4234.
You can use the following form or a template from your own system.
Referrals should include:
- relevant clinical history for the patient
- the reason for referral
- patient details including address, date of birth and contact phone numbers
- your details and provider number
- the name of the consultant (for Medicare clinics)