As part of the Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre (VCCC) our Medical Oncology services are provided by Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre. The RMH continues to provide surgical oncology services for all specialties.
The precinct wide Medical Oncology service includes:
- Inpatient care
- Outpatient clinics
- Inpatient consultations
- Day centre activity including chemotherapy and blood transfusions
Outpatient clinics are multi-disciplinary and sub-speciality based and include:
- Breast cancer
- Lung cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Upper gastro-intestinal cancers
- Neurological cancers
- Urological cancers
|Breast||City Campus||Familial Cancer Reception, Level 2 Centre||TUE|
|Colorectal||City Campus||Outpatients, Level 1 South||MON|
|Head and Neck Multidisciplinary||City Campus||Outpatients, Level 1 Centre||WED|
|Hepatobilliary/Upper GI||Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre within the VCCC Building|
|Lung Radiation Oncology||City Campus||Outpatients, Level 1 Centre||FRI|
|Neurosurgery Radiation Oncology||City Campus||Outpatients, Level 1 Centre||MON|
|Oncology Phase 1 Trial||Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre within the VCCC Building|
|Surgical Oncology||Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre within the VCCC Building|
We accept GP and specialist referrals for this service.
Referrals are triaged depending on priority. Emergency cases can present to the Emergency & Trauma Service at any time.
To refer a patient, complete and send your referral to Outpatients by fax to (03) 9342 4234.
You can use the following form or a template from your own system:
Referrals should include:
- relevant clinical history for the patient
- the reason for referral
- patient details including address, date of birth and contact phone numbers
- your details and provider number
- the name of the consultant (for Medicare clinics)
- if your patient requires ongoing management, please identify the referral as being "indefinite"