Patients diagnosed with chronic kidney failure are carefully monitored during frequent visits to our outpatient clinic and attend the Managing Kidney Failure program to prepare for their future care.
We provide the following services:
- Patient and family information
- Patient education regarding treatment options
- Counselling and assessment for care
- Planning for future care
- Facilitate holiday dialysis
We accept referrals for this service.
Referrals are triaged depending on priority. Emergency cases can present to the Emergency & Trauma Service at any time.
To refer a patient, complete and fax your referral to Nephrology on (03) 9347 1420.
You can use our Renal Referral Form or a template from your own system.
Referrals should include:
- relevant clinical history for the patient
- the reason for referral
- patient details including address, date of birth and contact phone numbers
- your details and provider number
- the name of the consultant (for Medicare clinics)
Consider making referrals for chronic conditions indefinite.
Special referral instructions
The Chronic Kidney Disease Administrator is the first point of contact for patients. The administrator provides patients with the information and preparation required to enable informed choices and make a transition to the their preferred treatment type.