Our Neurosurgery service is the leading and busiest program in Australia, providing a comprehensive inpatient service for patients with neurosurgical diseases.
The service has a clinical and referral service for patients with intracranial, spinal and peripheral nerve disorders who require neurosurgical assessment and treatment.
The Neurosurgery service treats neurosurgical illnesses involving the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerves including:
- Brain tumours
- Spinal disorders
- Pain surgery
- Neuroendocrinology (Pituitary Disorders)
- Functional Neurosurgery including movement disorders
- Peripheral nerve
Our services are provided in a 62 bed dedicated Neuroscience Unit containing an 18 bed High Dependence Unit.
We accept referrals for this service.
Referrals are triaged depending on priority. Emergency cases can present to the Emergency & Trauma Service at any time.
If surgery is required, your patient may need to attend a Pre-Admission Clinic prior to their procedure.
To refer a patient, complete and send your referral to Outpatients by fax to (03) 9342 4234.
Spinal referral forms
You can download the referral form template:
You can also import a template into your practice's referral system:
Referrals should include:
- relevant clinical history for the patient
- the reason for referral
- patient details including address, date of birth and contact phone numbers
- your details and provider number
- the name of the consultant (for Medicare clinics)