The Ophthalmology service specialises in inpatient and outpatient elective and emergency surgery, as well as outpatient clinics.
We provide the following comprehensive Ophthalmology services:
- Anterior segment surgery including cataract and corneal surgery
- Glaucoma - medical, surgical and laser surgery
- Medical retinal service - diabetic retinopathy, retinal vascular disease and age related macular degeneration.
- Orbital, oculoplastic and lacrimal surgery
- Uveitis (ocular inflammation)
- Vitreoretinal surgery
|General Ophthalmology||City Campus||Outpatients, Level 1 South||FRI|
|General Ophthalmology||City Campus||Outpatients, Level 1 South||TUE|
|General Ophthalmology||City Campus||Outpatients, Level 1 South||MON|
|Intraocular Injection||City Campus||Outpatients, Level 1 South||FRI|
|Laser||City Campus||Fracture Reception, Level 1 West||TUE|
|Medical Retinal Ophthalmology||City Campus||Outpatients, Level 1 South||TUE|
|MI Fundus Fluorescein Angiogram||City Campus||Outpatients, Level 1 South West||TUE|
|Occular Genetics||Eye and Ear on the Park||TUE|
|Ophthalmology Post Op||City Campus||Outpatients, Level 1 South||TUE|
|Ophthalmology Urgent||City Campus||Outpatients, Level 1 South||TUE|
|Orthoptics Visual Fields||City Campus||Outpatients, Level 1 South||WED|
|Trial Orthoptics||City Campus||Outpatients, Level 1 South||TUE|
We accept referrals for this service.
Referrals are triaged depending on priority. Emergency cases can present to the Emergency & Trauma Service at any time.
Your patient may need to attend a Pre-Admission Clinic prior to their procedure.
To refer a patient, complete and send your referral to Outpatients by fax to (03) 9342 4234.
You can use the following form or a template from your own system.
Referrals should include:
- relevant clinical history for the patient
- the reason for referral
- patient details including address, date of birth and contact phone numbers
- your details and provider number
- the name of the consultant (for Medicare clinics)