Pathology provides laboratory services for commercially sponsored and investigator-driven clinical trials, as well as quality assurance (QA) and negligible risk projects through its Clinical Trials service.
All laboratories are NATA accredited and comply with applicable ISO standards.
The clinical trials team can offer:
- Completion of necessary documentation for Research Governance applications at the Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Logistics and specimen management
- Supply of blood collection kits, site and central laboratory instruction manuals, coordinating transport of speciments interstate and overseas
- Services tailored to meet your project requirements
- Data access and management
Laboratory capabilities and services include:
- Laboratory practices in accordance with ISO standards, NATA and NPAAC regulations and guidelines
- Pathology testing across all disciplines
- Phlebotomy services
- Monitored short term and long term specimen storage at -80C
- Automation allowing high volume and batched testing
- Processing, embedding and sectioning of tumour and other tissue
- Tissue staining and immunohistochemistry
- Instrument validation for TGA approval
- Field Application Trials for new instrumentation
- DNA and RNA extraction
Our clinical trials team will be happy to discuss your specific requirements.
For more information about the approval processes, download the documents below.