Our Social Work service provides assistance with personal, emotional and practical concerns that may arise from or be made worse by a patient’s medical condition and hospitalisation.
- Provide counselling and debriefing for patients, families and staff
- Coordinate safe patient discharges from the hospital system
- Negotiate and resolve conflict between patients, families and staff throughout the hospital
- Facilitate a range of therapeutic groups providing patients and family members with education, support and counselling
- Advocate on behalf of patients and families
- Act as a communication link for families with the hospital system
- Conduct evidence-based practice research to achieve better outcomes for patients, families and the healthcare system
Social Work invests in undergraduate teaching by providing professional education and clinical placements to student social workers interested in health care social work.
|Social Work Allied Health||City Campus||Allied Health, Level 3 North West||MON, TUE, WED, THU, FRI|