We provide a comprehensive urological service and also provide urological expertise to the neighbouring Royal Women’s Hospital and the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre.
Our team includes consultant urologists, fellows, a registrar, residents, interns and a specialist urology nursing team.
Our research staff includes clinical trial nurses, one research fellow and a laboratory team working between the University of Melbourne and the Australian Prostate Cancer Research Centre which is allied with an established sister organisation based in Queensland.
We provide specialised clinical services for all adult urological conditions including:
- Urological cancers
- Stone disease
- Continence problems
A full range of urological services is provided:
- Clinical Psychologist
- Laser Surgery including photoselective vapourisation of the prostate (Greenlight HPS Laser) for treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Immunotherapy (BCG) and chemotherapy (Mitomycin C) for the treatment of bladder cancer
- DMSO for treating interstitial cystitis
- Patient education on intermittent self-catheterisation and long term catheter management
- TRUS Biopsies
- Lithotripsy - Holmium Laser Lithotripsy
- Urologic Oncology
- Prostate Disease
- Lower Urinary Tract Symptom (LUTS) Clinic
- Haematuria Clinic
- Geriatric Urology
- Female Urology
- Urological Prosthetics
- MRI of prostate gland
|Urology||City Campus||Outpatients, Level 1 South East||FRI|
|Urology Rapid Access||Australian Prostate Cancer Research Centre, Blackwood Street, North Melbourne||WED|
We accept GP and specialist referrals for this service.
Referrals are triaged depending on priority. Emergency cases can present to the Emergency & Trauma Service at any time.
To refer a patient, complete and send your referral to Outpatients by fax to (03) 9342 4234.
You can use the following form or a template from your own system:
Referrals should include:
- relevant clinical history for the patient
- the reason for referral
- patient details including address, date of birth and contact phone numbers
- your details and provider number
- the name of the consultant (for Medicare clinics)
- if your patient requires ongoing management, please identify the referral as being "indefinite"
Special referral instructions
Download the VSRF - Urology Referral Form urology to view investigations recommended before referral.
Referrals must include:
- Level of urgency
- Name, age, date of birth
- Contact telephone numbers
- Medicare number
- Specific clinical problems requiring consultation
- Preferred language (please indicate if interpreter is needed)
- Copy of results of relevant investigations performed within the previous 12 months
- List of current medications