The Vascular Surgery service provides a full range of vascular diagnostic, interventional endovascular and conventional arterial reconstructive surgery.
Our services include:
- Aortic aneurysms (thoracic and abdominal), carotid endarterectomy for stroke prevention, and lower limb ischaemia
- Endoluminal repair of aortic aneurysms, dissections and thoracic trauma
- Stents, grafts, emergency and elective vascular surgery
- Autologous blood transfusion is used for all major arterial operations
- Sympathectomies including thoracoscopic, catheter-directed thrombolysis of major deep vein thromboses
We provide day patient arteriography and endovascular intervention and advice and therapy for outpatients with arterial or major venous disease or injury.
We accept referrals for this service.
Referrals are triaged depending on priority. Emergency cases can present to the Emergency & Trauma Service at any time.
Your patient may need to attend a Pre-Admission Clinic prior to their procedure.
To refer a patient, complete and send your referral to Outpatients by fax to (03) 9342 4234.
You can use the following form or a template from your own system.
Referrals should include:
- relevant clinical history for the patient
- the reason for referral
- patient details including address, date of birth and contact phone numbers
- your details and provider number
- the name of the consultant (for Medicare clinics)