The Vascular Surgery service provides a full range of vascular diagnostic, interventional endovascular and conventional arterial reconstructive surgery.
Our services include:
- Aortic aneurysms (thoracic and abdominal), carotid endarterectomy for stroke prevention, and lower limb ischaemia
- Endoluminal repair of aortic aneurysms, dissections and thoracic trauma
- Stents, grafts, emergency and elective vascular surgery
- Autologous blood transfusion is used for all major arterial operations
- Sympathectomies including thoracoscopic, catheter-directed thrombolysis of major deep vein thromboses
We provide day patient arteriography and endovascular intervention and advice and therapy for outpatients with arterial or major venous disease or injury.
|Vascular Surgery||City Campus||Outpatients, Level 1 South||TUE|
We accept referrals for this service.
Referrals are triaged depending on priority. Emergency cases can present to the Emergency & Trauma Service at any time.
Your patient may need to attend a Pre-Admission Clinic prior to their procedure.
To refer a patient, complete and send your referral to Outpatients by fax to (03) 9342 4234.
You can use the following form or a template from your own system.
Referrals should include:
- relevant clinical history for the patient
- the reason for referral
- patient details including address, date of birth and contact phone numbers
- your details and provider number
- the name of the consultant (for Medicare clinics)