The Royal Melbourne Hospital's Department of Anaesthesia and Pain Management runs courses throughout the year for health professionals.
The department provides expertise in airway management, resuscitation and trauma management. Courses are hosted in airway and bronchoscopic training, and advanced life support training at Royal Melbourne Hospital.
- Advanced Life Support (ALS) courses
- CRASH course - Critical care, Resuscitation and Airway Skills in High Fidelity Simulation
- Fibre-Optic Airway Workshops
- Advanced Airway Management Course for Anaesthetic Specialist
- NATCAT (National Airway Training Course for Anaesthetic Trainees)
- Skills Training for Anaesthetic Residents (STAR)
We also hold our annual International Hokkaido Trauma Conference.
Terms and conditions for Anaesthesia and Pain Management courses
Course cancellation / refund / transfer policy
- Cancellations and Deferments - must be advised in writing or via email:
- Cancellation advised in writing or via email, more than 6 weeks prior to the scheduled course date are entitled to refund less $50 admin fee.
- Cancellations received within 6 weeks prior to the course will incur a financial penalty of 50% of the registration fee or transfer to future course at our discretion
- Cancellations within 2 weeks of the course are not entitled to any refund or transfer to future course.
- First deferment advised in writing or via email, more than 6 weeks prior to the scheduled course date will generally not incur a financial penalty
- First deferment advised in writing or via email, within 6 weeks prior to the scheduled course date an additional 50% of the registration fee will be payable.
- A second deferment will incur a penalty of 100% of the registration fee.
- Cancellation or deferment due to illness supported by a medical certificate ( must be from a medical practitioner not a colleague ) will not incur a financial penalty.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend, cancels or defer up to 2 weeks prior to the course.
- Full payment is required upon registration.
- RMH reserves the right to cancel planned courses and symposia, even at short notice. In the event of cancellation by RMH, all course fees will be refunded. This precludes any other claims.
- If a nominated presenter cannot take a course another faculty member will be engaged by RMH.
RMH is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality and security of personal information provided by you to us. The personal information you provide in this form will be used by RMH to:
- Process your registration form, which may include updating your record and profile information;
- Contact you in the event of cancellation;
- Conduct analysis or market research to identify the ongoing needs of registrants;
- Provide you with access to information about a range of current and future courses and associated events administered by RMH.
RMH may disclose the personal information, which you provide to external service providers to whom we have contracted out functions such as printers or mailing houses, but only for the purposes outlined above. You have a right to access any personal information, which RMH holds about you, subject to the exceptions in the Privacy Act 1988. Please contact RMH if you would like to access or correct the personal information we hold about you.
Participants Responsibility to RMH :
- If required, participants are to provide proof of professional status
- Participants are to arrange own parking.
- RMH will not be liable for loss of personal property or parking fines incurred.
- Participants agree to read and abide by all Melbourne Health and Safety Guidelines provided.
Media Release Authority
During your participation in our courses, still photographs and video recordings may be taken that at times RMH may use for educational, administration or promotional purposes.