This is the first, largest and longest running national airway course designed specifically for trainees involved in airway management, open to all anaesthetic trainees, ICU trainees, ED trainees and residents in anaesthesia, ICU and ED.
If you are a trainee, patient airway management is on your radar, then this is for you.
- All day ‘hands-on’ event
- Working in small groups, addressing all aspects of airway management – from the basic to the advanced
- The aim of the course is to give you a structured approach to airway management – correct thinking applied to proficient technical skills
- A faculty of 40 anaesthesia and intensive care specialists on each course
- The faculty will consist of specialists from teaching departments throughout Australasia and will include the executive of the Airway Management Special Interest Group, department directors, supervisors of training, college examiners – all of who are enthusiastic teachers and mentors
- Faculty members have a proven track record in teaching and have an impressive, practical knowledge of airway management
Prof Reny Segal, Clinical Professor, University of Melbourne and Staff Specialist Royal Melbourne Hospital's Department of Anaesthesia
course pre-reading (around 30 minutes of material)
high fidelity simulation
fibre-optic dexterity bench-training
take home course resource / manual
This course is a very full day with high instructor to participant ratio of one to two. There will be intense activity and excellent catering for the day.
Date, location and cost
Saturday 10 November 2018
Western Centre for Health, Research and Education (WCHRE)
Simulation Centre, Sunshine Hospital
176 Furlong Road,
St Albans, Victoria 3021
Cost : $495
|08:30 - 09:00||Introduction|
|09:00 - 10:30||Session 1|
|10:30 - 11:00||Morning tea|
11:00 - 12:30
|12:30 - 13:30||Lunch|
|13:30 - 15:00||Session 3|
|15:00 - 15:30||Afternoon tea|
|15:30 - 17:00||Session 4|
|17:00 - 17:30||Closing|
Please note, all trainees will rotate through all the course components on the day.