This is the first, largest and longest running national airway course designed specifically for trainees. Aimed at, but not exclusively for, anaesthesia trainees.
If you are a trainee, patient airway management is on your radar, then this is for you.
Our tenth NATCAT workshop is 12 November 2016 at the Sunshine Hospital Simulation and Education Centre. After nine successful workshops held in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Hong Kong, we are back in Melbourne this year with our usual dream team of instructors.
- All day ‘hands-on’ event
- Working in small groups, addressing all aspects of airway management – from the basic to the advanced
- The aim of the course is to give you a structured approach to airway management – correct thinking applied to proficient technical skills
- A faculty of 40 anaesthesia and intensive care specialists on each course
- The faculty will consist of specialists from teaching departments throughout Australasia and will include the executive of the Airway Management Special Interest Group, department directors, supervisors of training, college examiners – all of who are enthusiastic teachers and mentors
- Faculty members have a proven track record in teaching and have an impressive, practical knowledge of airway management
A/Prof. Reny Segal, Clinical Associate Professor, University of Melbourne and Staff Specialist Royal Melbourne’s Hospital Department of Anaesthesia
course pre-reading (around 30 minutes of material)
high fidelity simulation
fibre-optic dexterity bench-training
take home course resource / manual
This course is a very full day with high instructor to participant ratio of one to two. There will be intense activity and excellent catering for the day.
Date, location and cost
Saturday 12 November 2016
Western Centre for Health, Research and Education (WCHRE)
Simulation Centre, Sunshine Hospital
176 Furlong Road,
St Albans, Victoria 3021
Cost : $495
|08:30 - 09:00||Introduction|
|09:00 - 10:30||Session 1|
|10:30 - 11:00||Morning tea|
11:00 - 12:30
|12:30 - 13:30||Lunch|
|13:30 - 15:00||Session 3|
|15:00 - 15:30||Afternoon tea|
|15:30 - 17:00||Session 4|
|17:00 - 17:30||Closing|
Please note, all trainees will rotate through all the course components on the day.