This is the first, largest and longest running national airway course designed specifically for trainees involved in airway management, open to all anaesthetic trainees, ICU trainees, ED trainees and residents in anaesthesia, ICU and ED.
If you are a trainee, patient airway management is on your radar, then this is for you.
- All day ‘hands-on’ event
- Working in small groups, addressing all aspects of airway management – from the basic to the advanced
- The aim of the course is to give you a structured approach to airway management – correct thinking applied to proficient technical skills
- A faculty of 40 anaesthesia and intensive care specialists on each course
- The faculty will consist of specialists from teaching departments throughout Australasia and will include the executive of the Airway Management Special Interest Group, department directors, supervisors of training, college examiners – all of who are enthusiastic teachers and mentors
- Faculty members have a proven track record in teaching and have an impressive, practical knowledge of airway management
Prof Reny Segal, Clinical Professor, University of Melbourne and Staff Specialist Royal Melbourne Hospital's Department of Anaesthesia
course pre-reading (around 30 minutes of material)
high fidelity simulation
fibre-optic dexterity bench-training
take home course resource / manual
This course is a very full day with high instructor to participant ratio of one to two. There will be intense activity and excellent catering for the day.
An update about our NATCAT course
Dear Airway enthusiasts,
Huge apologies for the delay in communicating! We have all had a rather “interesting” 12 months and none more so than junior doctors and trainees with the disruption to your lives, training, programs, jobs and plans in general. We know, we’re thinking of you and are doing as much as we can on our side to help where we can.
Sadly, hands on NATCAT has not been spared this upheaval either. To that end we are working to bring you an alternative option that is deliverable in our new era and meets your needs and our vision of airway training. Please bear with us a little longer, come back to this site, register your interest and we will communicate with you next steps soon. It’s exciting, it really is!
There's no charge to register your interest
Thank you all again for your interest and enthusiasm. Stay safe, look after each other and remember - no night lasts forever!
All the best
Reny and the NATCAT Faculty