The LEAP program, commencing in 2021 aims to provide a sustainable approach to support professional growth for Registered Nurses following their Graduate Nurse Program, as they transition into the next phase of their nursing career.
Throughout this program, learners explore a range of theoretical learning applicable to their nursing practice, with an emphasis placed on The Royal Melbourne Hospitals values of "People First, Lead with Kindness and Excellence Together".
Learners will apply concepts to clinical practice through participation with program content and in their role as a registered nurse. This program will equip learners with the foundational knowledge and skills in clinical leadership, quality improvement and person-centred care.
Each eight (8) week module in the LEAP program is designed with a structured approach, incorporate three (3) learning stages which includes the following:
- Designed for the learners to understand about the core components
- Readings, online presentations and interactive activities
- Designed for students to widen their understanding and build knowledge
- Run virtually or face-to-face
- Extend their knowledge at a critical level
- Test their understanding of the knowledge of the topic
- Apply concepts in a practical sense
To ensure thorough evaluation and ongoing development of this program, limited numbers will be enrolled within the first cohort.
Applications must include the following:
- Curriculum vitae
- Contact details of two (2) clinical referees (NUM/CNE/ANUM)
- Completed LEAP application package
All applications will be assessed on curriculum vitae, contents of application package and support from Nurse Unit Manager.
- This program is currently for Royal Melbourne Hospital internal employees
- Participated in the 2020 Graduate Nurse Program or recommended by NorthWestern Mental Health team
- Minimum fixed-term employment until November 2021
Applications to be submitted to the Nursing Education Coordinator by close 20 January 2021.
Notification of outcome
Both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified by 5 February 2021.
For further information regarding the LEAP program please contact Nursing Education Coordinator team.