Scholarships funded by the Department of Health and Human Services Victoria are now being offered by Melbourne Health for Registered Nursing Staff who are undertaking Post Graduate studies.
Applications for 2020 are now open.
To be eligible for these scholarships you must be a Registered Nurse registered with AHPRA and be enrolled in a Post Graduate Program at a University commencing Semester 1, 2020, leading to a tertiary qualification or Masters program leading to Endorsement as Nurse Practitioner.
- Applications open 11 November 2019 - 01 December 2019
- Applications will be reviewed by the Post Graduate Nursing Scholarships panel
- Applicants will be required to provide the contact details of two(2) Clinical referees
- Interviews will not be held for these scholarships
- Applicants will be notified of outcome January 2020
- Scholarships will be awarded January 2020
- Full payment of Scholarships will be made by 03 February 2020
Three documents applicants will need can be downloaded from the bottom of this page:
- DHHS Post Graduate Nursing and Midwifery Scholarship Application Form (Word)
- Postgraduate Nurse Scholarship Program Guidelines (PDF) – DoH guidelines for applications
- MH Scholarship Applicant Guidelines 2019-2020 (PDF) – MH guidelines for applications
Am I eligible to apply?
Eligibility criteria is determined by DHHS, and is listed in the ‘Postgraduate Nurse Scholarship Program Guidelines’
Can I email the application?
Yes. Please ensure that all required documents are attached.
When will I hear the outcome?
All applicants will be notified of outcome in early January 2020
Will there be scholarships available in Semester 2, 2020?
This is not known at this current time – however, we will update and communication when information is known
Applications close Sunday 01 December 2019.
Late applications will not be accepted unless prior discussion has been had with Director, Simulation Education and Nursing Education