A 6-week comprehensive ECG interpretation and arrhythmia management short course designed for clinicians who require knowledge and skills to interpret a normal 12-lead electrocardiogram, to recognise deviations from normal and to implement appropriate management.
The program will be delivered over 6 weeks of 2-hour sessions (a 60-minute lecture and a 60-minute face-to-face tutorial).
Online interactive webinar format (delivered live)
The second intake for 2023 runs 4 May to 8 June 2023 (every Thursday for 6 weeks) from 10am to 12pm.
Intended Learning Outcomes
- Apply an understanding of normal cardiac function and electrophysiology to a cardiac assessment
- Apply basic principles of cardiac rhythm analysis to a rhythm strip and correctly identify normal and abnormal cardiac rhythms
- Demonstrate knowledge application of interpreting abnormalities in a 12-lead ECG
- Be able to recognise life-threatening arrhythmias and acute ECG changes and initiate timely management actions
- Describe the causes, significance, treatment, and management in the different types of heart blocks and arrhythmias
- Analyse modalities of treatment for arrhythmias: non-pharmacological and pharmacological
Medical, nursing, related allied health
When is this event?
4 May 2023 — 7 September 2023 — All day
How long will this event run for?
This event will run for approximately 4 months, 5 days, 8 hours.
How can I book?
Reserve your seat at this event using the button below.Book this event
Melbourne Clinical Simulation Centre
Phone(03) 9342 4642
Phone0436 019 817
AddressThe RMH Parkville
Ground Level West
300 Grattan St, Parkville, Victoria