We welcome your feedback as it helps us improve our services. 

If you have any feedback about your stay or any other aspect of our service, you can contact us a number of ways. We are happy to respond to you about your issues, or you can remain anonymous. It's up to you.

If you are giving a compliment, we will ensure this reaches the area you are referring to. If your feedback is a complaint, we aim to resolve most of these within 35 days.

In person


By phone

  • phone our Consumer Liaison team

Write to us

  • print out a compliment, suggestion or complaint brochure and place it in one of our suggestion boxes. These brochures available on each ward and throughout the hospital. The brochures are also available in the seven key languages spoken by our patients
  • write us a letter. Written feedback can be posted, faxed, emailed or left in the suggestion boxes located at the main entrances

If you are deaf, hearing impaired or speech impaired

Suggestion boxes

Feedback form cover

Suggestion boxes are located:

  • City Campus - at the Main Entrance and the carpark entrance.
  • Royal Park Campus - at the Main Reception, in the Community Therapy Service and Clinical Centre waiting areas and in the Main Administration building.

If you are unhappy with your care whilst in the hospital, please do not hesitate to raise your concerns with the Nurse Unit Manager or another senior staff member. In most cases they will be able to help you.

If you are not satisfied with the response, you can contact the Consumer Liaison Officers who will assist in the resolution of your complaint. They will also make sure that your feedback is used to improve our services for the benefit of all patients.

If you are not satisfied with our response

Any problem is usually best solved within the Royal Melbourne Hospital. However, if you are not satisfied with the response to your complaint or you wish to take your concerns further, please contact the Health Complaints Commissioner (HCC). The HCC provides a free and confidential service for anyone with a complaint about a health service provider in Victoria.

Protected Disclosure Complaints about Serious Misconduct or Corruption

Complaints about certain serious misconduct or corruption involving our staff or the hospital itself can be made directly to the Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission (IBAC).

Find out more about making a protected disclosure complaint.