We now have a new electronic medical record (EMR) to improve the way we deliver patient care.
The EMR is shared by the Royal Melbourne Hospital, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, the Royal Women’s Hospital and the Royal Children’s Hospital.
Your hospital information will be secure in the EMR and only accessed by staff involved with your care and treatment.
The EMR will make it quicker and easier for your clinicians to find the information they need to provide the best care to you and your family.
How an EMR can improve patient care
Your care team will have:
- A complete picture of your care and treatment across the Parkville health services
- Access to your most up-to-date information at all times
- Equipment, such as mobile workstations, handheld devices and barcode scanners, to help them deliver and record your care
- Support to make the best clinical decision with the help of prompts, warnings, alerts and reminders in the system
- Immediate notification if you become sicker or need urgent care
- Wear a barcode on your wristband so your information can be checked to support safe medication administration
- Find it easier to move between hospitals - your information will be in the system so you won’t have to repeat your story or fill our unnecessary paperwork
- Have more access to your own information - you will be able to access parts of your medical record where and when you need it
Health Hub is a secure mobile and website application that connects you with your hospital information from home or on the go.
Health Hub will make it quicker and easier for you to stay across important hospital information. You can see and manage information about your care and treatment at Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, the Royal Melbourne Hospital, the Royal Women’s Hospital and the Royal Children’s Hospital in one secure location.
Through Health Hub you will be able to see upcoming appointments, medications, information about your recent hospital visits, some test results, allergies and details of your existing problems and diagnoses. You may also be able to view some doctors’ notes, change or cancel appointments and request prescription refills.
To sign up, or find out more, go to health-hub.org.au
Parkville Connect is a secure, web-based portal providing GPs, specialists and other healthcare professionals with access to information in the Parkville electronic medical record (EMR).
Patients will consent to their GP, specialists and other healthcare professionals accessing their information via Parkville Connect when they are registered at the hospital.
To sign up, or find out more, go to parkvilleconnect.org.au
Protecting your privacy
Visit the privacy page to find out more about how your private information is stored and managed in the EMR.