The RMH City Campus is well served by public transport and taxis.
Here are a few transport options for you when coming to the hospital.
- 19 tram (City to North Coburg), runs along Royal Parade. You can get off the tram at Grattan Street or just outside Melbourne Private Hospital
- 59 tram (City to Airport West), runs along Flemington Road. Get off at Grattan Street and cross the road to the main entrance
- 58 tram (Toorak to West Coburg), runs along Flemington Road. Get off at Grattan Street and cross the road to the main entrance. This route is partly serviced by low-floor trams - look for a wheelchair icon in tram timetables
- 401 bus provides a convenient service from North Melbourne train station to the hospital (weekdays only)
- 402 bus (East Melbourne to Footscray via North Melbourne) runs past the hospital
Catch a train to North Melbourne station then the 401 bus from North Melbourne station to the hospital (weekdays only).
There is a taxi rank on Grattan Street.
For more information about public transport (metropolitan and regional train, tram, bus and coach services and bookings), you can call Public Transport Victoria or visit Public Transport Victoria