When you are not well, your doctor can order blood and tissue tests to help further understand what your body is doing.
Blood and tissue tests are done by our Pathology service. We do tests for people:
- Who are in hospital receiving treatment
- Who have visited their local GP and have been given a test order form to one of our Pathology collection centres
- Who have visited their local GP and have been given a test order form for Private Pathology
Patients are welcome to visit our Pathology collection centres.
Pathology is a bulk billing service providing a range of more than 1,500 blood and tissue tests.
What to bring
Every time you come to hospital
Every time you come to hospital for a test, day procedure, surgery or treatment, you should bring:
- Medicare card
- Health Care card (if you have one)
- Concession card (if you have one)
- Adverse drug alert card (if you have one)
- Medications you are currently taking, including any that you have bought without a prescription
- X-ray films, scans, ultrasounds or any other test results you have which are related to your procedure
- Private health insurance card (if you want to use it)
- Aids (glasses, hearing aid, walking frame)
In a medical emergency, call 000. If you are feeling unwell, see your local GP or go to your local hospital Emergency department for help.