If you are having difficulty doing day-to-day tasks or you are have difficulty managing your condition, a health professional team from various disciplines is able to help.

The service is called Community Therapy Services and the focus is on tailoring short-term programs to individuals and directing the program toward specific goals.

What we do

Each program developed by the Community Therapy team is different and designed to meet your needs or the needs of your carer. You might have a goal to improve your mobility, to participate more actively in daily life or to reduce your risk of falling. Therefore you may receive your treatment as an individual or as part of a group. It will depend on your needs or your carer's needs. Hospital therapists may see you in your own home, at the Royal Park Campus or a combination of both places.

The focus of the program is on teaching you and your carer about how to manage your condition. You may do exercises or activities with the therapist or they might recommend a program for you to complete at home. The length of time that you spend with the service will depend on you and your progress, taking into account your goals and what you are capable of.

Some of the services that are available include:

  • physiotherapy
  • occupational therapy
  • exercise therapy
  • hydrotherapy
  • social work
  • speech pathology
  • dietetics
  • nursing
  • orthotics

Who can use our services

To participate in this program, you must understand the nature of the program and agree to participate in therapy sessions. You must also be able to travel to the Royal Park Campus where sessions might be held.

This service is available for people who live in the local government areas of Moonee Valley, Moreland (except Fawkner, Glenroy, Hadfield, Oak Park) and Melbourne (except Port Melbourne and South Yarra). People living in other local government areas might be accepted following a discussion with the team.

Some people are not eligible for this service:

  • If you are eligible for funded therapy (ie TAC / Workcover / DVA funding), live in high-level residential care, or are receiving services through a high care home care package - private services will be recommended
  • If you primarily need chronic disease management support which will be provided through the Hospital Admission Risk Program (HARP).

How to access this service

Hospital staff may discuss your eligibility for this service during your visit. Your GP will fax your referral to the hospital.

Once we receive the referral, we will contact you.

If there is a waiting list, we will advise you what to do.


Community Therapy Services
(DOCX,651.04 KB)
Contact us if you need an accessible version of a download.

In a medical emergency, call 000. If you are feeling unwell, see your local GP or go to your local hospital Emergency department for help.