We support local provision for satellite haemodialysis with large centres in Coburg and Essendon Fields as well as centres within ward 6 West at the RMH City Campus and Home Haemodialysis at the RMH Royal Park Campus.
The City Campus will soon be upgraded to be able to provide haemodiafiltration, which provides the very latest technology dialysis to our sickest patients.
What to bring
If you are coming in for dialysis:
- Wear something comfortable
- You may feel cold during the treatment, so bring warm socks, a sweatshirt or jumper
- If you have a graft or fistula in your arm, make sure your sleeves are loose enough to roll up
- If you have a catheter in your chest, be sure to wear a shirt that opens in the front
- Bring something to do - a book, magazine or iPad/tablet with headphones
Do you have diabetes?
If you have diabetes, you should also bring:
- Your blood glucose meter
- Your blood glucose diary/record book
- Your favourite hypo food
- A friend or relative
In a medical emergency, call 000. If you are feeling unwell, see your local GP or go to your local hospital Emergency department for help.