Find out more about our renal business team.
Renal Services Manager
Maria began her career as a Registered Nurse in the renal setting and has progressed to various business and operational management roles across a number of Victorian health services. She also worked as a Renal Clinical Specialist in private industry including a stint in working in the UK. Most recently she has been the Manager of the Renal Health Clinical Network, Victorian Department of Health were her clinical background and knowledge of the health services has been invaluable in driving a number of key projects to improve services for patients across the continuum of chronic kidney disease.
Maria’s qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Nursing Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration.
Jacinda Kohne and Cybele Canda
Business Activity Coordinators
The Business Activity Coordinator role is responsible for the preparation and monitoring of budgets and related business activities and reporting activity for the Renal Department. These include:
- Reviewing contracts to ensure efficient and cost effective treatment for RMH patients.
- Improve our service delivery by applying best use of resources through continuous improvement and building relationships with our key partners.
- Assist in financial and service planning
- Support sustainability and development by identifying and progressing new growth opportunities/project plans and departmental savings strategies.
- Provide support to the Division of Finance representative, reviewing the end of month financial results ensuring accurate, complete and timely financial information.
- Provide guidance to area managers with respect to purchasing and budgeting issues.
- Monitoring activity including dialysis admissions, treatment numbers, clinics and reports
The role works closely with the Director for Nephrology, Renal Services Manager and RMH Finance to ensure that financial plans and forecasts are as accurate as possible in the context of the models of DHS funding and its service delivery.
Vicky completed her secretarial training in Auckland, New Zealand and prior to returning home, worked for a few months in Wellington, New Zealand – she also worked in Malaysia before moving to Australia. She worked with the Australian Kidney Foundation, Melbourne before joining the Royal Melbourne Hospital.
Vicky provides administrative and secretarial support to the Director, Deputy Director and Renal Services Manager of the Department of Nephrology and RMH Kidney Care.
She interacts professionally with a wide range of people within Melbourne Health and where appropriate external to the organization. She also works co-operatively with other members of the Nephrology and RMH Kidney Care teams.
In a medical emergency, call 000. If you are feeling unwell, see your local GP or go to your local hospital Emergency department for help.