The Refugee and Immigrant Health Clinic provides specialist care for immigrants, refugees and travellers with a range of conditions, including infectious diseases and nutritional deficiencies.

Covid-19 update: Our refugee health clinic remains open. We are available via telehealth, over the phone or in person (if needed). We can arrange for interpreting services over the phone or via video-link. If you need to see a refugee health doctor please call the clinic to arrange. Read information about COVID-19 in other languages.

Victoria currently welcomes approximately 4,000 refugees per year through the Offshore Humanitarian program. In addition, there are approximately 9,000 asylum seekers in the community including held detention, with varying levels of access to Medicare, work rights, housing and government assistance.

Our doctors are infectious diseases specialists or specialists-in-training dedicated to refugee wellbeing. These doctors have had extensive experience working in Australia and abroad, and have a particular interest in the health of travellers and immigrants.

We welcome refugees, immigrants and travellers who have (or may have) illnesses related to their time outside Australia. Medicare ineligible asylum seekers have access to full medical care including, pathology, diagnostic, pharmaceutical and other services.

The clinic also hosts telehealth clinics at various locations around Victoria.

Speak to your GP to find out the nearest telehealth Immigrant and Refugee Clinic service to you.

Who can use our services

This service is open to all refugees, immigrants and travellers who have an illness relating to their time outside Australia.

How to access this service

Your doctor or treatment team will need to contact us to organise your referral to this service.


GP Refugee Health Assessment Clinic City Campus Level 9 North TUE
Refugee and Immigrant Health Clinic City Campus Level 9 North TUE
Refugee Health Assessment City Campus VIDS Reception, Level 9 North TUE

In a medical emergency, call 000. If you are feeling unwell, see your local GP or go to your local hospital Emergency department for help.