Do you have ulcerative colitis and feel your current medications are not working for you?
The primary purpose of your participation in this study is not to treat you for your condition but to help answer the following research question: How mirikizumab compares with placebo in helping patients with UC?
Mirikizumab is an experimental treatment. This means that it is not an approved treatment for UC in Australia, by the Therapeutic Goods Administration.
Anticipated date that enrolment will close: December 2020
Who can take part
- People with a clinical diagnosis of UC for at least 3 months
- UC must be at least moderate to severe
- Failed conventional therapy or failed biologic therapy
- People with Crohn's disease
- Any history of cancer in the gastrointestinal tract
What is involved for you
- medical history
- physical exam
- electrocardiogram (ECG)
- weight, height, blood pressure, pulse, heart rate
- health questionnaires
- blood samples
- urine test
- colonoscopy with biopsy collection
- stool tests