Do you have generalised epilepsy with uncontrolled seizures?
This study is testing a new treatment for generalised epilepsy with uncontrolled primary generalised tonic-clonic (PGTC) seizures - sometimes also referred to as Grand-Mal seizures. The new treatment is called Lacosamide. This is a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, parallel-group, multicentre study.
Anticipated date that enrolment will close: December 2018
Who can take part
- Adults aged between 18 years old to 70 years old
- People with uncontrolled convulsive seizures
- Need to have experienced 2 convulsive seizures over 8 weeks -- total 3 over 16 weeks
What is involved for you
- Blood samples
- Weight, Blood Pressure, Temperature etc
- 10 visits in the core study and 11 visits over 2 years in the extension