Are you considering Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS) for the treatment of Epilepsy?
This post-market study involves collecting information for an already approved VNS device. This type of study is conducted for many medications or medical devices to get detailed information about the outcomes of people receiving an approved treatment.
People participating in this study must be deemed appropriate for VNS treatment by their treating doctors and be planned for surgery at The Royal Melbourne Hospital.
The purpose of this study is to better understand the following areas of health for people who receive VNS treatment:
- Anti-epileptic treatment and medication taken by people who have had a VNS device implanted
- Frequency and severity of seizures
- Quality of life and quality of sleep (reported through questionnaires)
- What types of healthcare services are being used
- Details of the settings used on the VNS device
Anticipated date that enrolment will close: 2022
Who can take part
Diagnosis of drug resistant epilepsy to be treated with Vagus Nerve Stimulation therapy
Able to attend scheduled (and any required unscheduled) study visits
What is involved for you
- Given the post-market nature of this study, procedures involved are required for routine care i.e. no extra procedures are required