The life of a research project is complex and we, at the Office for Research, are here to assist, advise and guide you through the process.
The following elements are required to set up and conduct a research project. Some of these elements overlap with one another:
- Compliance with legislation, regulations, guidelines and codes of practice
- Ethical approval
- Governance approval (Site Specific Assessment)
- Monitoring and auditing research projects
- Legal and insurance – consent, indemnity, agreements
- Policies for responsible research conduct, research misconduct, monitoring, complaints, conflicts of interest
- Credentialling, induction, training and accreditation
- Intellectual property and managing collaborative research
- Financial management
- Performance measurement, reporting and planning
- Risk management
Path to Research Success
Need help navigating your way through a research study?
The Path to Research Success provides an overview of the key elements and helpful tips that are crucial to conducting a successful research project.