Research coordinators and managers are vital to the efficient and effective conduct of clinical research
The Office for Research is committed to helping coordinators manage your research projects and find solutions to the problems that you encounter along the way. The coordinator support groups will provide a platform to:
- share knowledge
- ask for ideas/help
- discuss problems
- raise issues
Collectively we intend to find solutions to and share successes. The sessions are safe spaces to encourage open sharing of ideas and problem solving and its effectiveness is determined by input from you, the coordinator.
Updates in response to the impact of COVID-19 on services
In line with RMH's response to the impact of COVID-19, including the requirement to implement social distancing measures to the greatest extent possible, the following arrangements have been implemented in regard to training:
- in-person face-to-face training sessions have been suspended
- distance training has been implemented where possible
Consequently the Research Coordinator Support Group sessions have been suspended until further notice.
For updates on how COVID-19 impacts research visit the Office for Research COVID-19 webpage.
Missed a coordinator support group session in the past?
Slides from previous sessions are available below for download:
- August 2018 – Requirements and processes for iPM and ECM medical records
- September 2018 – Drafting study agreements
- October 2018 – Data Protection by design
- November 2018 - Research Updates
- November 2018 - Budget for All Study Types
- March 2019 - Research Ethics Applications
- April 2019 - Research Governance Applications