Invitation to staff and students of Melbourne Health and the Parkville Precinct to submit abstracts for consideration to the Melbourne Health Research Week Symposium.
|Call for abstracts||NOW OPEN|
|Research Abstracts due date:||Midnight, 5 April 2017|
|Notification of outcome for Poster Only submissions||12 April 2017|
|Notification of outcome for abstracts considered for Oral Presentation||8 May 2017|
|Poster display dates||22 to 23 June 2017|
|Poster viewing session||23 June 2017, 11.45 am to 12.45 pm|
Melbourne Health Nursing and Allied Health staff and students (La Trobe University) are invited to submit abstracts for consideration to the Big Ideas symposium to present an idea or concept to improve patient-centred care.
- The abstract must detail a completed research project or where a component of the research has been completed and has provided some results.
- Only research abstracts that detail results and outcomes/implications will be accepted.
- Studies that have not commenced OR have not yet produced results or trends will not be accepted.
- The abstract should be short, clear and concise.
- Mathematical symbols and equations can be copied and pasted from a word document into the space provided in the online form. Figures and tables cannot be included.
- We recommend that the abstract is carefully compiled and thoroughly checked, in particular with regard to the list of authors, before submission in order to avoid last minute changes.
- The submission of an abstract carries with it the obligation that it is presented at Research Week by the author.
- When submitting for a poster presentation, the Author is agreeing to attend the Poster Viewing session on Friday, 23 June 2017 between 11.45 am to 12.45 pm.
- All posters must be mounted by the author (or representative) between 10.00 am and 11.30 am on Thursday, 22 June 2017 and removed between 2.00 pm and 3.00 pm on Friday 23 June 2017.
- Submission of an abstract implies the author(s) agreement to publish the abstract in the Research Week program.
- The submission of an abstract carries with it the obligation that it is presented at Research Week by the author
- All abstracts selected will be published in the Research Week Program which will be available for download from the The Royal Melbourne Hospital website.
- Once submitted, the abstract cannot be edited. Please ensure that all details are correct before submitting. Abstracts will be published exactly as received and should be checked for spelling and grammar prior to submission.
- The Melbourne Health Research Week Committee will be responsible for evaluating abstracts and reserves the right to allocate presentations according to the program.
Authors may decide to submit their abstract with a preference for a poster presentation, or an oral presentation or either. If you select oral presentation only, there is no guarantee that an oral preference will be realised.