Poster displays are a common technique used in research to summarise studies succinctly and visually
MH Poster specifications
- Posters must not be over 1m wide x 1m high. There is limited space in the Poster Display area and Posters that are produced landscape are unable to be accommodated.
- Scholarly Selective poster dimensions will be accepted: 841mm x 1189mm (portrait only)
- (Clearly display the author(s) names and institution(s) and include acknowledgements
- Content should contain the study objective/s, methods, results and conclusions
- Staff can download institutional logos from Melbourne Health intranet site
- Optional: Poster presenters may elect to use the RMH Printing Service - details below
Tips for a good poster
- Clean layout and format. Important information should be readable from at least one metre
- Text is clear and to the point - "minimising detail maximises information transfer"
- Effective use of graphics, color and font
- Make use of bullets, numbering and headlines to make your poster easy to read
- Before submitting, view the poster at 100% on your computer to ensure all images, graphs and logos are of a suitable resolution and quality
Instruction on when and how to display your poster
Posters must be on display by 11.30 am, Thursday, 16 June through to 2.00 pm, Friday, 17 June 2016 to be considered for Research Week Poster Prizes.
|Between 10.00 am and 11.30 am|
Thursday 16 June 2016
|Hang your poster to the display panel located in the Function and Convention Centre of the RMH bearing the abstract ID number allocated to you. Organisers will provide hanging materials if required.|
|From 11.45 am to 12.45 pm, Friday 17 June 2016||Stand near your poster during the Poster Viewing session|
|Between 2.00 pm and 3.00 pm, Friday 17 June 2016||Collect your posters as the display panels will be collected at 3pm. Organisers do not take any responsibility for returning uncollected materials to the authors.|
RMH printing service
All presenters (including external parties) have to option to use the RMH printing service provided by Medical Illustration. The cost is $90 per square metre for MH staff and $137.50 (incl. GST) per square metre for non-MH staff. If you elect to use this service, follow the instructions below:
Submit your poster in PowerPoint or PDF format by Thursday, 9 June 2016 to Medical Illustration
- By email: email@example.com
- In person: Deliver your poster on CD or USB to Medical Illustration, located in Level 1 South West, RMH, Main Building
- Provide all the following information:
- Name, phone and email details
- Indicate if you would like your poster printed on paper or fabric
Supply your Melbourne Health cost centre number or for external staff, your billing address when you deliver your poster, as well as a contact number
Ensure your poster size and page set up is set to the size you require. Medical Illustration can print any size you like however Research Week posters are allocated a maximum 1m wide by 1m high.
You may use our Poster Template or create your own
Contact Medical Illustration directly if you have queries relating to your printing on (03) 9342 7233 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org