Invitation to staff and students of Melbourne Health and the Parkville Precinct to submit abstracts for consideration to Melbourne Health Research Week.
Important Dates for Presenters
|Poster Presenters - Poster Printing Service Deadline to Medical.Illustration@mh.org.au||13 June 2018|
|Oral Presenters - Submit Slides to RMHRao@mh.org.au||18 June 2018|
Guides and Documentation for Presenters
- When submitting for a poster presentation, the Author is agreeing to attend the Poster Viewing session on Friday, 22 June 2018 between 11.45 am to 12.45 pm.
- All posters must be mounted by the author (or representative) between 10.00 am and 11.30 am on Thursday, 21 June 2018 and removed between 2.00 pm and 3.00 pm on Friday 22 June 2018.
- Submission of an abstract implies the author(s) agreement to publish the abstract in the Research Week program.
- The submission of an abstract carries with it the obligation that it is presented at Research Week by the author
- All abstracts selected will be published in the Research Week Program which will be available for download from the The Royal Melbourne Hospital website.
- Once submitted, the abstract cannot be edited. Please ensure that all details are correct before submitting. Abstracts will be published exactly as received and should be checked for spelling and grammar prior to submission.
- The Melbourne Health Research Week Committee will be responsible for evaluating abstracts and reserves the right to allocate presentations according to the program.
Authors may decide to submit their abstract with a preference for a poster presentation, or an oral presentation or either. If you select oral presentation only, there is no guarantee that an oral preference will be realised.
- Posters must no larger than 1m wide x 1m high.
- Posters should be typed in clear print that can be easily read from distances over one metre with the title displayed in block capitals at the top of the poster. The title should also display the names of the author(s) and the institution(s) of origin.
- Contents should contain the study objective/s, methods, results and conclusions.
- Illustrations should be professionally drawn.
- All content should be simple and not overburdened with detail - "minimising detail maximises information transfer".
- You may use the RMH Poster Template below or create your own
RMH Medical Illustration provides a printing service to all Melbourne Health staff and external health organisations at a cost of $90 per square metre for MH staff and $121 (incl GST) per square metre for non-MH staff.
- Email your poster in PowerPoint or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Wednesday, 13 June 2018. If you cannot email the file, bring it in on a USB stick.
- Supply your contact details, phone and email.
- Include your cost centre number or if you are external to MH, provide your billing address
- Indicate if you would like paper or fabric
- Indicate size - note that Research Week posters are allocated maximum 1m x 1m.
Where is medical illustration located?
Medical Illustration is located at:
RMH City Campus
Level 1 South West.
Telephone: 03 9342 7233.
- Ensure your poster size and page set up is set to the size you require.
- View the poster at 100% to ensure all images, graphs and logos are of a suitable resolution and quality.
- The organisation's logos can be accessed from the MH intranet.