We can help you through the application process when you're ready to apply for the Graduate Mental Health Nurse Program (GMHNP) at the RMH.
Do you want to apply for our 2024 GMHNP intake?
Applications are scheduled to open Monday 5 June 2023.
- Register with Computer Match
- Download and complete the application form
- Upload your application form and supporting documents through the program listing on the RMH online recruitment system
Preparing your application
Complete the following steps to prepare your application for submission.
Complete the application form, making sure you read everything and complete the entire form:
- Include at least one clinical referee from recent acute and mental health clinical placements. You may change or update your referees at the interview if required
- Upload one passport-size photo (for identification purposes) in the space provided on the application form
Write a cover letter, describing why you wish to undertake the GMHNP with the RMH. Address your cover letter to the GMHNP Coordinator
Prepare your resume/curriculum vitae (CV)
Prepare copies of the following:
- A transcript of all academic results received to date. This must be a certified copy of an official transcript and include a grading key
- Two clinical placement evaluations: one from mental health and one from general health. Include certified copies of formative and summative assessment
Submitting your application
Applications for the GMHNP will open Monday 5 June 2023.
Only applications uploaded to the RMH's online recruitment system to position reference number #68476 will be accepted.
Your aptitude for mental health nursing is often as much about your attitude as it is about knowledge and skills learnt as an undergraduate.
Your application will be assessed on your academic results, clinical reports and experience. Preferred candidates will be expected to make themselves available for an interview. The interview is also an opportunity for you to ask questions about the program.
All these approaches allow us to assess candidates for the program.
We request referee checks from your nominated referees.
We will conduct personalised video interviews. The aim of the interview is to get to know you.
Links & documents
Find out more about current vacancies in our mental health services on the Royal Melbourne Hospital online recruitment system.