We provide medical evaluation, diagnosis, prognosis, advice and follow-up for people to aid recovery from COVID-19 at a weekly public clinic led by respiratory physicians.
- Caring for people who are recovering from a COVID-19 infection
What we do
Our Post-COVID Clinic provides care, evaluation, advice and referrals to patients who are recovering from a COVID-19 infection.
Our physicians may also organise relevant indicated medical tests or other referral for other specialist opinions (such as cardiology or neurology).
Our Post-COVID clinic includes a weekly multidisciplinary meeting with respiratory physicians, sleep physicians, liaison psychiatry, general practitioners and allied health specialists such as physiotherapy, occupational therapy, exercise physiology, neuropsychology and music therapy to discuss care.
Most allied health specialists also are part of the ReCov clinical team which works closely with the Post-COVID clinic.
Who can use our service
This clinic is suitable for patients who:
- Have had a confirmed COVID-19 infection or a clinical syndrome consistent with COVID-19
- Are located within RMH catchment or had COVID-19 care at the RMH
- Have ongoing symptoms and evidence of a physiological disorder, clinical concern or uncertainty, need for advanced investigation
- Recurrent presentations to ED
This clinic is not suitable for patients who:
- Currently have an active COVID-19 infection or confirmed COVID-19 infection in previous six weeks
- Are already being managed in another specialist clinic
- Have a single system problem – these patients are better managed in another specialist clinic
- Are acutely unwell
We accept GP and specialist referrals:
- Use The RMH GP Referral Form or a template from your own system
- Complete and fax your referral to Specialist Clinics (Outpatients) on (03) 9342 4234
As outlined by the Department of Health, referral requests should include:
- Patient demographic information
- Referrer demographic information
- Reason for referral
- Presenting problem
- Service(s) requested
- Required referral information specified by statewide or local referral criteria
- Current patient management
- Impact of the problem on the patient
- Name of the consultant and provider number (for Medicare clinics)
- Investigation reports related to the referral
Referrals are triaged based on priority. In an emergency, patients can go to the Emergency & Trauma Service at any time.
For advice, urgent referrals and out of hours support, call The RMH Switchboard on (03) 9342 7000 to page our registrar on call.
HealthPathways Melbourne provides guidance on best practice assessment and management of common medical conditions, including when and where to refer patients.
Parkville Connect is a secure web-based portal providing GPs, specialists and other health professionals with information in the Parkville electronic medical record (EMR).
Need to change or cancel your appointment?
Do one of the following:
- Access Health Hub to change the appointment yourself
- Complete our online form and we'll change it for you
- Call Specialist Clinics (Outpatients) on (03) 9342 7393 and we'll help you over the phone
What to bring
Every time you come
Every time you come in for a test, day procedure, surgery or treatment, you should bring:
- Medicare card
- Health Care card (if you have one)
- Concession card (if you have one)
- Adverse drug alert card (if you have one)
- Medications you are currently taking, including any that you have bought without a prescription
- X-ray films, scans, ultrasounds or any other test results you have which are related to your procedure
- Private health insurance card (if you want to use it)
- Aids (glasses, hearing aid, walking frame)
For a clinic appointment
If you come for a clinic appointment, you should also bring:
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- Your appointment book
- TAC or WorkCover claim number
Interpreters & cultural support
We provide qualified, professional interpreters to help you communicate with us at any time during your stay and at your clinic appointments.
- Μάθετε περισότερα γιά διερμηνείς & υποστήριξη κουλτούρας
- Scopri di più sugli interpreti e sul supporto culturale
- Tercümanlar ve kültürel destek hakkında daha fazla bilgi edinmek için
- Tìm hiểu thêm về thông dịch viên và hỗ trợ văn hóa
- لمزيدٍ من المعلومات عن خدمة الترجمة الشفهية والخدمات الثقافية
Level 1 Centre
300 Grattan St, Parkville, Victoria