A 6-week comprehensive ECG interpretation and arrhythmia management short course designed for clinicians who require knowledge and skills to interpret a normal 12-lead electrocardiogram, to recognise deviations from normal and to implement appropriate management.
The program will be delivered over 6 weeks of 2-hour sessions (a 60-minute lecture and a 60-minute face-to-face tutorial).
Online interactive webinar format (delivered live)
This is the second intake for 2024, and runs 2 May to 6 June (every Thursday for 6 weeks) from 10am to 12pm.
See our Trybooking event for other 2024 intakes.
Intended Learning Outcomes
- Apply an understanding of normal cardiac function and electrophysiology to a cardiac assessment
- Apply basic principles of cardiac rhythm analysis to a rhythm strip and correctly identify normal and abnormal cardiac rhythms
- Demonstrate knowledge application of interpreting abnormalities in a 12-lead ECG
- Be able to recognise life-threatening arrhythmias and acute ECG changes and initiate timely management actions
- Describe the causes, significance, treatment, and management in the different types of heart blocks and arrhythmias
- Analyse modalities of treatment for arrhythmias: non-pharmacological and pharmacological
Medical, nursing, related allied health
When is this event?
2 May 2024 — 6 June 2024
How long will this event run for?
This event is 6 x 2-hour sessions, every Thursday for 6 weeks.
How can I book?
Reserve your seat at this event using the button below.Book this event