Research at the RMH reflects the health concerns and needs to our communities, and is consistent with our values of caring, unity, respect, integrity and excellence.
New and ongoing developments in medicine, nursing and allied health disciplines promote knowledge which enables the best possible health service to our patients and the Victorian community by the translation of discovery into better clinical care.
Our research objectives are to:
- promote the RMH and the Parkville biomedical precinct as a leading centre for research
- encourage and support health care workers to participate in research activity
- optimise translation of research into clinical practice and health policy
- foster collaborative relationships to optimise opportunities for research
The Office for Research
The Office for Research strengthens RMH's commitment to research excellence for the best of health for all Victorians and the wider community beyond. The aims of the Office for Research are to:
- provide leadership within RMH for the conduct of medical research which can be marketed externally to secure greater levels of funding for research
- coordinate the administration of research activities, in particular research and ethics committees and research funds
- provide advocacy advice, assistance and encouragement to all staff wishing to pursue clinical research activities
- coordinate employment of staff whose salaries are funded by research grants