We provide laboratory services for commercially sponsored and investigator-driven clinical trials, as well as quality assurance and negligible risk projects through our clinical trials service.
The research support and clinical trials team can offer:
- Completion of necessary documentation for research governance applications at the Royal Melbourne Hospital (RMH)
- Logistics and specimen management
- Supply of blood collection kits, site and central laboratory instruction manuals, coordinating transport of specimens interstate and overseas
- Services tailored to meet your project requirements
- Data access and management
The research support service has a dedicated team of scientists and laboratory space that provides a range of services. Having these resources allows us to deliver timely services.
We have experience in all aspects of sample processing, management and shipping, large volume batched sample testing, tissue processing, sectioning, staining and immunohistochemistry.
Our laboratory capabilities include:
- Laboratory practices in accordance with ISO standards, NATA and NPAAC regulations and guidelines
- Pathology testing across all disciplines
- Phlebotomy services
- Monitored short-term and long-term specimen storage at −80C
- Automation allowing high volume and batched testing
- Processing, embedding, and sectioning of tumour and other tissue
- Tissue staining and immunohistochemistry
- Instrument validation for TGA approval
- Field application trials for new instrumentation
- DNA and RNA extraction
Our research support and clinical trials team are happy to discuss your specific requirements.
All laboratories are NATA accredited and comply with applicable ISO standards.
We need clinical trials to prove that new treatments are safe and effective for people to use. They are essential to the discovery of new medications and devices, neither of which can be approved for use in Australia without clinical trials.