Our Cardiac Catheter Laboratory offers a 24-hour on-call service through both Emergency and direct ambulance admission.
The Cardiac Catheter Laboratory team work in conjunction with the Coronary Care, Cardiac Step-down, Cardiology Day Procedure and Intensive Care Units.
We complete the following procedures:
- Diagnostic angiography
- Full heart studies including congenital studies
- Percutaneous coronary intervention (stenting) including radial PCI
- Closures of holes in the heart (ASD/PFO/PDA) and valvuloplasties
- Complex structural interventions
- TAVI/transfemoral/apical aortic valve implantation
- Electrophysiology studies
- Electrophysiological ablation procedures including complex 3D mapping
- Pulmonary vein isolation
- Permanent pacemaker implantation
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD)