Procedure for collection of blood cultures is described in the patient procedure manual. For each venepuncture, two different bottle types are inoculated: aerobic and anaerobic. Do not place Bradma label over barcode on bottles
1. SPECIMENS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR PRETRANSFUSION TESTING UNLESS:
i) the specimen and request slip conform to the Blood Transfusion protocols of the relevent site. If Bradma labels are used they must be signed and dated to confirm the patient ID has been checked.
ii) The specimen collection declaration is completed by the person collecting and labelling the specimen. Please label the request slip with the ward and clinical details.
2. IF URGENT, TELEPHONE THE LABORATORY.
3. Use "Transfusion Test/ Product Request Form".
Breast cancer type 1 susceptibility gene, predictive
Two indepedently collected EDTA tubes, greater than 15 minutes apart | Sample 1 - 9mL Blood EDTA tube | Sample 2 - 9mL Blood EDTA tube | Request slip must be signed by collector
Refer to report
Turn around time:_x000D__x000D_ Routine testing - 6 weeks URGENT testing - 12 business days
Requires own tube?:
Internal Spec Code:
Contact reference laboratory directly for current fee
Molecular PathologyPeter MacCallum Cancer Centre
1. Two indepedently collected EDTA tubes, greater than 15 minutes apart are required
2. Only Family Cancer Clinic requests will be processed
3. Contact Molecular Pathology, RMH (ph 9342 7991) if result is required URGENTLY