We deliver geriatric evaluation management (GEM) and rehabilitation services in the comfort of a person's own home.
- Providing GEM and rehabilitation services to medically stable patients in their own homes
- 24 hour contact service to provide our patients with confidence and support
- Individual goal directed care plans that aims to maximise patient independence
What we do
We are an innovative and ever expanding service that promotes a Home First approach by providing geriatric evaluation management (GEM) and rehabilitation services to medically stable patients in their own homes, 7 days a week.
Our multidisciplinary team consists of:
- Medical staff
- Nursing staff
- Occupational therapists
- Social workers
- Speech pathologists
- Allied health assistants
Patients are visited at their home by at least one of our health professionals each day. They participate in a person-centred tailored program with interventions aimed at improving their lifestyle and achieving their personal goals.
We have a 24 hour contact service to give our patients confidence and support. There is no cost for this service.
RMH@Home Subacute care includes:
- Review by a multidisciplinary team including rehab physician or geriatrician, nursing, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, dietitian, social worker and speech therapy as required
- Daily home based visits over a 14 day period
- Patient-centred, goal-based therapy
- Geriatric evaluation and management (GEM)
- Rehabilitation following fracture, orthopaedic surgery or acute medical illness or event
- Falls assessment and management
- Reconditioning following an acute exacerbation of a chronic illness
What we can provide
We can provide the following services:
- Daily visits by members of our team including doctors, nurses and allied health in the patient’s own home
- Allied health therapy includes physiotherapy, occupational therapy, social work, dietitian and speech therapy
- An interdisciplinary comprehensive assessment to determine patient’s strengths, needs and barriers
- An individual goal directed care plan that aims to maximise patient independence
- 24/7 phone support to all our patients to manage adverse events
- Equipment provided by occupational therapist and physiotherapist following review
- Brokered services
- Personal care (up to 3 times a week, 1 hour a day)
- Shopping assistance (up to 2 hours per week, one off only)
- Cleaning assistance pending approval
- Respite pending approval
RMH@Home supports a variety of diagnoses and treatment at home.
Who can use our service
The RMH@Home Subacute team works closely with the referring unit to ensure that patients are eligible and reviewed by our medical team and care coordinators promptly to determine their appropriateness for our service.
Patients must meet the following criteria to be eligible for RMH@Home Subacute:
- Medically stable patients who are ready to go home
- Patients that require daily attendance and a multidisciplinary team involved in their care
- Patients able to independently function in their home at a basic level or have the support or a carer or family
Common questions people ask
Find out more about the common questions people ask about our RMH@Home services.
Start your Telehealth video call at your appointment time by joining this waiting room.