We provide treatment, care and support for people with chronic and complex health issues.
- Short-term support and co-ordination for people with chronic and complex health issues
- Includes care co-ordination and specialist care for people with heart failure, respiratory disease and diabetes
- Delivered in partnership with trusted community partners cohealth, Merri Health, and Bolton Clarke
What we do
Our HARP service provides support and care for people with chronic and complex health issues to enable clients to better manage their condition in the community and reduce avoidable hospital admissions.
- Short-term support and intervention
- Integrated care planning and coordination
- Education and monitoring
- Service linkages
- GP liaison
Find out more about our HARP specialised services.
Who can use our service
HARP is a service for people with chronic and complex health issues who have had:
- One or more avoidable Emergency Department presentations or hospital admissions in the past 12 months or are at imminent risk of hospitalisation and community services cannot meet their needs
- Have complex medical or psychosocial needs and would benefit from short term, intensive input
- Live in the local government areas of Melbourne, Moreland and Moonee Valley City councils
Direct Access Unit
We accept GP and specialist referrals:
- Use the RMH Community Services Referral Form, the RMH GP Referral Form or a template from your own system
- Complete and fax your referral to Direct Access Unit on (03) 8387 2217
DAU welcomes phone enquiries. Contact us on (03) 8387 2333 to discuss potential or existing referrals.
Referrals should include:
- Relevant clinical history
- Reason for referral
- Patient details including address, date of birth and contact phone numbers
- Your details and provider number
- Name of the consultant (for Medicare clinics)
- Investigation reports related to the referral
Referrals are triaged based on priority. In an emergency, patients can go to the Emergency & Trauma Service at any time.
For advice, urgent referrals and out of hours support, call The RMH Switchboard on (03) 9342 7000 to page our registrar on call.
HealthPathways Melbourne provides guidance on best practice assessment and management of common medical conditions, including when and where to refer patients.
Parkville Connect is a secure web-based portal providing GPs, specialists and other health professionals with information in the Parkville electronic medical record (EMR).
Contact us to change or cancel your appointment.
Interpreters & cultural support
We provide qualified, professional interpreters to help you communicate with us at any time during your stay and at your clinic appointments.
- Μάθετε περισότερα γιά διερμηνείς & υποστήριξη κουλτούρας
- Scopri di più sugli interpreti e sul supporto culturale
- Tercümanlar ve kültürel destek hakkında daha fazla bilgi edinmek için
- Tìm hiểu thêm về thông dịch viên và hỗ trợ văn hóa
- لمزيدٍ من المعلومات عن خدمة الترجمة الشفهية والخدمات الثقافية
Start your Telehealth video call at your appointment time by joining this waiting room.