We provide treatment, care and support for people with allergic diseases, immunodeficiency diseases and autoimmune diseases.
- We provide a number of specialised services including immune deficiency diagnosis and treatment
- The allergic diseases we treat may be linked to allergens such respiratory triggers, food, drugs and stinging insects
What we do
We provide excellent, evidence-based care in the management of patients with:
- Allergic diseases (rhinitis and asthma, food allergy, stinging insect allergy, anaphylaxis, urticaria and angioedema and drug allergies)
- Immunodeficiency diseases (both inherited and acquired)
- Autoimmune diseases (vasculitis and other connective tissue diseases)
We offer a Telehealth service to country patients after their initial appointment in an allergy clinic. Telehealth appointments are Medicare bulk billed.
Find out more about allergic diseases.
Find out more about our specialised services.
|Allergy Nutrition Clinic||The RMH Parkville|
|Allergy Clinic||The RMH Parkville||Medicare Telehealth|
|General Immunology and Allergy Clinic||The RMH Parkville||Telehealth|
|Immunogenetics Clinic||The RMH Parkville||Medicare|
|Subcutaneous Immunoglobulin Clinic||The RMH Parkville|
We accept GP and specialist referrals:
- Use The RMH GP Referral Form or a template from your own system
- Complete and fax your referral to Specialist Clinics (Outpatients) on (03) 9342 4234
As outlined by the Department of Health, referral requests should include:
- Patient demographic information
- Referrer demographic information
- Reason for referral
- Presenting problem
- Service(s) requested
- Required referral information specified by statewide or local referral criteria
- Current patient management
- Impact of the problem on the patient
- Name of the consultant and provider number (for Medicare clinics)
- Investigation reports related to the referral
Referrals are triaged based on priority. In an emergency, patients can go to the Emergency & Trauma Service at any time.
For advice, urgent referrals and out of hours support, call The RMH Switchboard on (03) 9342 7000 to page our registrar on call.
We offer a Telehealth service to country patients after their initial appointment in an allergy clinic. Telehealth consultations are currently run by Skype for review patients (Medicare bulk billed).
Call (03) 9342 7191 or fax (03) 9349 3199 (Att: Immunology Telemed) to book a telehealth review appointment.
HealthPathways Melbourne provides guidance on best practice assessment and management of common medical conditions, including when and where to refer patients.
Parkville Connect is a secure web-based portal providing GPs, specialists and other health professionals with information in the Parkville electronic medical record (EMR).
Research and education
We apply evidence-based clinical practice benchmarked by published research and active participation in teaching and clinical governance facilitated by links with our precinct partners including The University of Melbourne, The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute and the Royal Children’s Hospital.
We are accredited by the Joint Specialist Advisory Committee (JSAC) of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians and The Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia to train specialist doctors in Clinical Immunology & Allergy and in Immunopathology.
Need to change or cancel your appointment?
Do one of the following:
- Access Health Hub to change the appointment yourself
- Complete our online form and we'll change it for you
- Call Specialist Clinics (Outpatients) on (03) 9342 7393 and we'll help you over the phone
What to bring
Every time you come
Every time you come in for a test, day procedure, surgery or treatment, you should bring:
- Medicare card
- Health Care card (if you have one)
- Concession card (if you have one)
- Adverse drug alert card (if you have one)
- Medications you are currently taking, including any that you have bought without a prescription
- X-ray films, scans, ultrasounds or any other test results you have which are related to your procedure
- Private health insurance card (if you want to use it)
- Aids (glasses, hearing aid, walking frame)
For a clinic appointment
If you come for a clinic appointment, you should also bring:
- Your appointment letter
- Any special items listed on your letter
- Your appointment book
- TAC or WorkCover claim number
Interpreters & cultural support
We provide qualified, professional interpreters to help you communicate with us at any time during your stay and at your clinic appointments.
- Μάθετε περισότερα γιά διερμηνείς & υποστήριξη κουλτούρας
- Scopri di più sugli interpreti e sul supporto culturale
- Tercümanlar ve kültürel destek hakkında daha fazla bilgi edinmek için
- Tìm hiểu thêm về thông dịch viên và hỗ trợ văn hóa
- لمزيدٍ من المعلومات عن خدمة الترجمة الشفهية والخدمات الثقافية
Level 1 South
300 Grattan St, Parkville, Victoria